Popular Posts

Friday, July 30, 2010

peace out

airstream party found on pinterest, by way of little blue deer

"Art offers the possibility of love with strangers"
This quote, by art curator Walter Hopps, has been bouncing around in my head all week. I consider all forms of personal expression to be art. Art to me is a beautifully curated +/or written blog, a savory home cooked meal, a simple line on paper, a great outfit, a physical space that's been appointed in a way that fills me with a rush of happiness, excitement or calm. As long as I respond to it, I know I've made a connection, for a moment, with its creator. I'm pretty sure that this is the point of creativity.
Heavy thoughts on a Friday, indeed.
Around here we're getting ready for our beach to explode as tens of thousands of people descend upon our little town for the big 6-man volleyball tournament and International Surf Festival. It's always, sure mayhem at the beach but also a celebration of beach living. Personally, I'd like to be sitting quietly in a tricked-out Air Stream, having a glass of wine with some good friends. But no matter how you choose to end the week, I hope it's a celebration of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment