Popular Posts

Thursday, July 8, 2010

swimming with camels

I've out of town guests in this weekend for Nick's annual Walk With Sally fundraiser if you're not familiar with the non-profit that my husband started, check it out. { This guy's set with the lifetime supply of good karma return } I'm going to post this quickly and be off to the airport for round one of pick ups.
I had to share with you this touching photo that's been sitting on my desktop.

"How do you say farewell to camels that have crossed a desert with you? I found no right way except to take them for one last swim in the ocean before leaving them...."

Australian writer, Robyn Davidson, best known for her book Tracks, about a 1,700-mile trek across the deserts of west Australia using camels. With no intention of having the journey published, but eventually agreed to do so for National Geographic. The article was published in 1978. Earning so much interest she later published the book, Tracks.
Photographer, Rick Smolan, also published a book on the journey, From Alice To Ocean, containing beautiful photos of these sweet animals, swimming in sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment