Popular Posts

Thursday, January 13, 2011

are you down with down?




photo:: domino






Recently there's been a discussion regarding tossing the high profiled, down comforter, dressed bed for the more austere, flat blanket look. { as seen in the WSJ } I suppose as with all fashion trends, after awhile what's new is old is new or old again. something like that. The whole trend of down comforters seems to have made its come back in the 80s when more was more. But now, the trend seems to be returning to the sleek, blanket-coverlet look. Don't mess with my comfort when it comes to sleep, I say.








photo:: domino




















Dont' get me wrong, I've always loved the look of an antique textile draped over a bed but I could never snuggle down under one of those into sweet slumber.






photo:: wsj











Personally, I'm a puff girl. I use a coverlet but fold the down comforter at the end of the bed when not in use. I like to sleep under heavy weight, not some thin little piece of fabric that feels like a piece of Nan, no matter who chic it looks. Will you be turning in your fluffy bedding for something streamlined?

No comments:

Post a Comment