Popular Posts

Thursday, June 3, 2010

white floors


credit:: Jonathan Adler, Living Etc June 2008




rhetorically speaking, what would happen if I painted my floors white.
I've been thinking of doing it ever since, well, ever since I painted them dark brown.
And then I stepped into my friend Karla's shop , Patio Culture and it sealed the notion.


But would it feel too 'cold'. Which is not a bad thing on a hot summer beach day.



credit::Living Etc
But then what's it like during those cool winter months when it's dark at 5? Would it feel too austere? too antiseptic?


show dirt and dog nails like a mother trucker.

Maybe not white but bright....
This shot from 'Martha' seen round the blog world, for good reason, has always seemed like a good dare.
But then, so does this sensible serene middle ground. It seems safer:



This one's clearly still in the incubator. In the mean time I'll stand at a good vantage point, chin between my thumb and forefinger, eyes squinted, trying to wrap my head around this 'dilemma'

No comments:

Post a Comment