Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

when heaven meets earth- The Crux Blanket



It's the Birkin bag of blankets, really. Beautifully made, a classic, works with any room/outfit, too much for me to reasonably talk myself into buying....and you've got to take a number and stand in line if you want one.


home of designer::Frederic Mechiche


and I'm not sure that I will ever stop wanting one . Behold the beloved, Crux Blanket by Pia Wallén:


photo:: inside out photo credit:: pia ullin

Of Impeccable craftsmanship and quality, it's made using traditional Scandinavian methods { by a small family owned company in Sweden } and the finest wool.


home of designer:: Orla Kieley
Every year, a new color is added.
Also, the price is over $700.00 per. So there's that small detail.

photo:: hus and hem photo:: Chris Stubbs for Skandium

Which brings me to wonder, why hasn't West Elm knocked this off? I mean, Pottery Barn had no problem knocking off Madeline Weinrib a few years back.
Why not crank out some version of this? Hell, sell it on Canal Street in a crinkly plastic bag. But you'd have to be ok with bad proportion/color/material and draping yourself in someone else's bad ju-ju.
But, would you buy it? Honestly?

photographer:: Alexander Crispin for Scandinavian Style

In Swedish folkart tradition, the cross is a strong symbol for hope, a meeting point of heaven and earth. I wish I could say that made all the difference for me.

photo credti:: hus and hem
But really, it's just about the great design and artisan quality that goes into each one. And I really, really want one. big time.



in orange.




No comments:

Post a Comment