Popular Posts

Thursday, February 3, 2011

apropos of nothing.

ok,  some things that I've been thinking about....and they don't really require much narration nor commentary from me, so I'll just lay them out for thought...






this:















love all of this, new,  Sister Parrish desk accessory stuff.



and this:











 a new line of bedding, to me, echelon duvet cover in Quaterfoil. A good little spring/summer change up at an affordable price { Q duvet 79.00 }



....................................................................... 



over thinking it:











Chances are as I write this, 4 out of 5 of you own this already. I do. I wore it yesterday. To a lunch meeting. The person with whom I met { always very stylish } wore one too. As did 3 other people in the restaurant where we met. In fact, today, when I ran into whole foods, I witnessed 2 differnt moms pushing their Bugaboos and carts, wearing this. I plan to keep on wearing mine because I love it and I spent 12 years wearing a uniform. but..... I'm just saying.



.......................................................................




want:










hard top will do.




.......................................................................




vicarious:







photo: lorislof






and oh how I sincerely miss the charms of  Brookline, Mass....



























source: bonjour bruxelles



.......................................................................





inspired:











  completely taken { and feeling completely incompetent, and possibly inspired} by 17 year old photographer, Alison Titus. Titus learned all of her skills from Flickr. As one of her fans commented,


"Allie’s photostream is the account of a sensitive and creative teenage
photographer. However, this is no kid’s art. Allie is an important
artist in the making. Her images document her world with a budding
professional’s talent and the critical eye of an artist. With a
background in dance, she is keenly aware of form and the body’s lines
and it shows in her compositions. She is as comfortable in-front of the
camera as behind it."



to read an interview with the artist: go here.



.......................................................................





wish:












Really wish I were going to be in London this spring to see the exhibition, Watercolour at Tate Britain











The show will cover watercolor works spanning 800 years, from artist, JMW Turner { first image } to Tracey  Emin {second image }. 





"From manuscripts, miniatures and maps through to works showing the
expressive visual splendour of foreign landscapes, watercolour has
always played a part in British Art."




 .......................................................................














No comments:

Post a Comment