Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

summer vacation slide show

My memories of summer car trips are of my dad driving the red, Buick station wagon; my mom riding shot-gun, three older sisters occupying the middle seat and my brother and I, freely lounging in the way back on sleeping bags and pillows, playing Mad-Libs. No restraints, no seat belts just hanging out, thinking up gross adjectives and nouns while biding the time as we drove out West.

About a week and a half ago, It was I who rode shot gun as the kids, tethered and strapped in place, scribbled out words like, 'stinky', 'gooey' and 'slimy' as we made our way East, stopping at the Grand Canyon (which we couldn't find for a good hour - how does one miss the Grand Canyon?) moving on North, through Utah, and then ending up in the badlands of Wyoming. For several days we rode helicopters, horses, white waters, saw bison and bear and generally found our inner cowboy. Then, on Thursday we made our way back: Utah to Nevada to California again. jiggity jig.

And of course, what summer vacation memory is worth anything without the slide show with dust motes floating through the streaming light, the burny sweet smell of the hot carousel. I think I usually fell asleep. I'm not saying this show will be anymore exciting than those of my past. But if you're interested in what I did on my summer vacation, here ya go......
oh, and I have no idea how to get that embarrassing ad off of the window. If any of you geniuses out there can help, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment