Defying all odds, a melanistic King Penguin (Aptenodytes patagonicus) has been photographed in Antarctica. This bird just looks so weird!
Full or partial melanism is exceedingly rare in the King Penguin, there being only about four previously published records (.PDF).
Popular Posts
-
I’ve always looked askance at the Domestic Chicken ( Gallus domesticus ) and it's evolutionary progenitor ( G. gallus ), as if they were...
-
I am speaking, of course, of the National Wildlife Federation field guide to birds of North America , by Edward S. Brinkley. Published in M...
-
Let me say right up front that I have no problem with pet cats ( Felis domesticus ) and the people who own and care for them; I was once a c...
-
Bueno y ahora un recorrido especial (que bueno hacerlo en la piel de los chicos) por la historia fotográfica de ELIJAH y MILO.. Un amigo ...
-
An accounting of significant events in the history of North American bird conservation and ornithology, and of the people who helped shape t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment