Perhaps it is a tribute to the abundance of Ruffed Grouse in the Wolverine State, or maybe a reflection of the zeal with which some sportsmen pursue this wily gamebird. For whatever reason, the number of local chapters of the Ruffed Grouse Society in Michigan (27) equals the number in Pennsylvania and exceeds the number of chapters in Minnesota (23). Interestingly, New York State—where Gardiner Bump did his landmark study on Ruffed Grouse—has a mere 15 chapters.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources and Environment has assembled several valuable sources of information on Ruffed Grouse here, including a status report and conservation plan, and has published management guidelines for landowners.
Popular Posts
-
I’ve always looked askance at the Domestic Chicken ( Gallus domesticus ) and it's evolutionary progenitor ( G. gallus ), as if they were...
-
I am speaking, of course, of the National Wildlife Federation field guide to birds of North America , by Edward S. Brinkley. Published in M...
-
Bueno y ahora un recorrido especial (que bueno hacerlo en la piel de los chicos) por la historia fotográfica de ELIJAH y MILO.. Un amigo ...
-
Let me say right up front that I have no problem with pet cats ( Felis domesticus ) and the people who own and care for them; I was once a c...
-
An accounting of significant events in the history of North American bird conservation and ornithology, and of the people who helped shape t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment