Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

missoni madness.... and a new toaster

A couple of things on this Tuesday morning, of September 13th, the much anticipated date for some of us who couldn't wait to pick up a few things Missoni with the Target price tag. First of all, did you go? I sort of forgot about it and then saw my IG feed and got that crazy-woman, apoplectic heart race, that I was missing out on something BIG. I dropped kids off at school and then scurried the few blocks to our local Target.

















There were probably 40 women clogging the check out area, arms loaded, most of whom I recognized from school, grocery store, soccer games....the mom stuff of life, a few men (with piles of the zig-zaggy stuff in their carts, probably to sell at the local swap meet or ebay) And all of the shelves were bare.




 



Save for a lone pair of kid's leggings hanging haphazardly on a swim suit display. So, I can't report on its quality or if this designer line for Target hit it (as opposed to the sad, past, attempts via Calypso and Liberty of London- who knew these could be made to look ugly?)





 



But I will say this, seeing all of those women, hording the same stuff...the zig zag sweater coat, the zig zag flats, boots, pumps etc. made me realize that, I do not want any of this. It's officially, the new 'Momauflage' of my, already, very homogenized town. (which, hey, if that's your thing, more power to you. It's just not mine )



 



                        I happily walked away, empty handed (not that I really had any choice)



 

Also, it made me really glad that I didn't blow my wad on a $400.00 Missoni bikini while in Venice, Italy a few years back ( Can you imagine, 'Oh, did you get that at Target?"  "Um. NO. I bought it in Venice. On my HONEYMOON" )



Here's what I didn't see in person, but looks to be cute from the line:






ipod holder. pretty, simple. like it. 








zingy bike. Although, the wheels don't look fat enough to work on the beach. But around town, it's charming.




now, this is cute. I'd buy it.






ok. So there's that. Now, I have another question. I'm in the market for a new toaster. ( Rull, rull important stuff ) Here's the one I want:









The Dualit. Isn't it pretty? It's also almost as much as that Missoni for Missoni swimsuit I didn't buy in Italy. Probably a better investment, considering that I'll be toasting bread a lot longer than I'll be hanging out in a 2 piece - 'hanging out' being the operative word.  Has anyone purchased the Dualit? Do you like it? Is a toaster, a toaster a toaster....except if it is to be-zigzagged for Target? Your input would be swell.

No comments:

Post a Comment