Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The house that Emerson Made






photo credit:: Leslie Shewring / a creative mint







Well first of all, I want to thank each of you. Each of you who, reached out,  sent a note of love and support and each of you that held my family + me in their thoughts. I never thought that this blog thing (or "Block business" as my father referred to it ) could provide such  comfort, could prove to be a true community of people who care about one another. And this recent experience has just taken it to a level that I'd never expected. So thank you. I feel a connection with you all that I had never known existed. Or maybe never allowed myself to know. Your words have helped me, tremendously.



And because my father was a guy who would rather talk about good design and art, than anything else, let's do it.




.............................................................................



















I know that this adorable couple has been getting a ton of blog coverage lately. I mean, look at them. Please.  And if you peruse their website you'll see, that J Crew, Anthro (insert your favorite catalog selling lifestyle via clothing ) couldn't do a better job at creating an enviable, 'love of the simple life' photo spread. 





Ryan and Emerson, are the creative couple behind Emerson Made; a company that began with hand made linen flowers and blossomed into a clothing line.













Besides being in the business of crafting fashionable flower brooches and ( skirts with pockets, and super cool tuxedo pants,  among many other pieces)





 


 oh and, big ups for promoting men wearing big flowers.











 They also have a country  house in New Hampshire..... Check it out >>












The couple purchased this old, New Hampshire Mill  in '08 and moved on up from NYC to dwell among their ducks and chickens.  















Their home is an eclectic mix of  found treasures, from flea markets to auctions to roadsides. 























 I know much has been said and poo-pooed about using books as merely set dressing (and I have no clue if they actually do read these ). But I love the heaps of blue vintage hardbacks. It's great, color blocked still life, as far as I'm concerned.





 











great and simple idea. Linen with a hand stenciled monogram. Thinking this would be wonderful for a Thanksgiving table runner.















I'm not sure that I've ever seen a rifle look so charming.






 


 





And then there's their pantry.





 




 ohhh, their pantry. the sight of this organized, beautiful space brings a tear to my eye and a warmth in my chest.









what's not to love about navy monogrammed bedding?










Aren't these beds great? And perfectly simple design for a guest room in a country house.












and of course the laundry room looks like this (unlike my own which is currently so overwhelming, with heaps of folded clothing in need of being put away)The couple also sells the bunting and the garland, below, on their site.

















say what you will say....









I'm completely ready to fold it all in and move to the country. Or just wear giant flowers where ever I go. It seems to make one's whole life a little, tongue in cheek, cheerier. And what's not to love about that?





More to get lost in on their official site Emerson Made dot com



No comments:

Post a Comment