May 2 [1962], Wednesday
I had just stepped out the door to go birdwatching this morning when it began thundering and lightning in the southwest. And so, not particularly wanting to get wet I crawled back into bed and caught a few extra hours of sleep. Most of the day was cloudy and cold but by evening the sun had come out and it was quite nice out.
I saw the first Chimney Swifts flying around the sky high overhead. I saw a total of four of them.
Popular Posts
-
I’ve always looked askance at the Domestic Chicken ( Gallus domesticus ) and it's evolutionary progenitor ( G. gallus ), as if they were...
-
I am speaking, of course, of the National Wildlife Federation field guide to birds of North America , by Edward S. Brinkley. Published in M...
-
Bueno y ahora un recorrido especial (que bueno hacerlo en la piel de los chicos) por la historia fotográfica de ELIJAH y MILO.. Un amigo ...
-
Let me say right up front that I have no problem with pet cats ( Felis domesticus ) and the people who own and care for them; I was once a c...
-
An accounting of significant events in the history of North American bird conservation and ornithology, and of the people who helped shape t...
Monday, May 5, 2008
Field Notes Notes from the Past #20
Being a continuation of field-journal entries from the springs of 1962 and 1963 when I was a budding ornithologist of just 15 or 16 growing up in the rural village of Galien in Berrien County, Michigan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment