This is a follow-up to my initial report on the first 15 days of precipitation monitoring in Michigan by the Community Collaborative Rain, Hail, and Snow Network (CoCoRaHS). The number of CoCoRaHS stations reporting each day during the first 15 days of July ranged from 44 to 64. Rainfall was recorded somewhere in Michigan on 13 (87 percent) of 15 days; no rainfall was recorded anywhere on July 5th or 6th.
On those 13 rainy Michigan days, the percentage of stations recording measurable amounts (i.e., at least 0.01 inches) of precipitation ranged from 2.3 percent on July 1st to 91.4 percent on July 8th; the median value was 21.2 percent.
Popular Posts
-
I’ve always looked askance at the Domestic Chicken ( Gallus domesticus ) and it's evolutionary progenitor ( G. gallus ), as if they were...
-
I am speaking, of course, of the National Wildlife Federation field guide to birds of North America , by Edward S. Brinkley. Published in M...
-
Let me say right up front that I have no problem with pet cats ( Felis domesticus ) and the people who own and care for them; I was once a c...
-
Bueno y ahora un recorrido especial (que bueno hacerlo en la piel de los chicos) por la historia fotográfica de ELIJAH y MILO.. Un amigo ...
-
An accounting of significant events in the history of North American bird conservation and ornithology, and of the people who helped shape t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment