Popular Posts

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Scamming Technorati Authority?

I just ran across a blog that is less than a month old, having first started publishing in May 2007. And then I noted that this blog already has a Technorati Authority score of 109.

If you’re at all familiar with Technorati, you know that “Technorati Authority is [based on] the number of blogs linking to a website in the last six months. The higher the number, the more Technorati Authority the blog has.”

So what’s the big deal? The big deal is that I’m only aware of 2, or at most 3, North American bird blogs (of the more than 200 that I’m familiar with) that have Technorati Authorities that exceed 100. So how is it that a “new kid on the block” can have a valid Technorati Authority of 109?

I have nothing personal against this particular blog or the blogger, it just seems that it is being operated within a system designed to scam Technorati. The blog of which I speak is hosted by a company called 451 Press (for more information about how this company functions click About and Write for Us at this link).

No comments:

Post a Comment