Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Random Gleanings from the BirdSphere #12

Introduction: A daily (or as often as I can find time to compile it) feature that highlights recent entries from North American bird blogs listed in my blogroll; also see here.

Random Blog of the Day:
Kyle’s Blog – “This is my belated account of a recent trip to the Panhandle of Florida in search of the thought to be extinct Ivory-billed Woodpecker,” by Kyle Gerstner in Kansas (online since February 2007)
Random Entry of the Day (excerpt):
In Search of an Ivory-billed Woodpecker Day One

Sunday, December 17th 7:57 am

There was a light fog as I drove down the winding red sandy soil of Coon’s Bottom Road toward the public boat ramp on Old Creek. My online search into the possible whereabouts of Ivory-billed woodpeckers had led me to this area on the west side of the Choctawhatchee River, roughly 5 miles as the woodpecker flies from Ponce de Leon in the Florida panhandle.
[click here to read more of this entry, as originally posted by Kyle Gerstner on February 2, 2007]

<< Previous . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Next >>

No comments:

Post a Comment